Friday, February 27, 2009

Easy Salsa

I have had a few requests for the salsa I make from canned tomatoes. I don't have a picture, so if you want to look at food, you'll have to visit this blog.

http://bradleykitchen.blogspot.com/

Maybe I will get the photographer to give me a few pointers.

Here it goes, my first recipe blog entry.

Easy Salsa

Easily doubles. Arbol Peppers are dried peppers that are found in the Latin Food section of the grocery store.

3 or 4 Arbol Peppers
1 clove fresh garlic
14 oz diced tomatoes, drained with liquid reserved
¼ cup fresh cilantro
¼ of an onion
½ -1 tablespoon lime juice
salt

Step 1: Blend peppers in blender or food processor until finely crushed.
Step 2: Add the garlic, cilantro, onion and reserved tomato juice. Blend to desired consistency.
Step 3: Add the tomatoes and pulse briefly.
Step 4: Put salsa in a bowl. Add lime juice and salt to taste.
Step 5: Refrigerate until ready to use.

4 comments:

Erin Gilbert said...

Thanks Ashley!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ashley! I'm going to make this to go with our dinner tonight and now I don't have to call and bug you for the recipe! It was so good!

fatguyonalittlebike said...

Never use a flash. Especially one that comes built in on a camera.
Set it up by a window with lots of natural light and set the little knob on top of your camera to the little flower or the picture of the persons face

fatguyonalittlebike said...

it also helps with the pictures if you are completely naked. I know it sounds weird but the food feels intimidated when you are dressed and doesn't photograph as well.